Home  :  Archives  :  Driving Directions  :  Lakeside History  :  Leadership  :  What We Believe  :  Links  :  Calendar  :  Media Gallery  :  Quizzes  
Welcome to Lakeside church of Christ
Sunday, December 10 2017 @ 10:52 PM EST
  View Printable Version 

Being Thankful by Tom Lucas

Being Thankful

Tom Lucas

As the children of Israel left Egyptian bondage and crossed the Red Sea, they sang a song in Exodus 15. “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him” is an excerpt found in verse 2.  God had led them safely across the Sea and caused the chariots of Pharaoh’s army to be swallowed up by the water.  They were full of gladness and thanksgiving because of their recent successes.  Three days later, after they had passed through the Wilderness of Shur with no water, they came to Marah.  However, they were unable to drink its water because it was bitter. They began to complain to Moses. God, in response to Moses’ request, made the water sweet to drink by having a tree cast into the waters.  God told the children of Israel, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statues, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians.  For I am the Lord who heals you” (Ex. 15:26).

View Printable Version 

Why Must Our Loins Be Girded With Truth by David McDonald

Why Must Our Loins Be Girded With Truth

David McDonald

The devil is certainly a formidable foe. David Lipscomb, in his commentary on Ephesians, suggests a “partial list” of twenty-seven names or alias’ given to the devil by Jesus and the Holy Spirit:  Evil One (Matt. 13:19); Enemy (Matt. 13:39); Beelzebub (Mk. 3:22); Prince of Devils (Mk. 3:22); Strong One (Lk. 11:21); Murderer (Jn. 8:44); Liar (Jn. 8:44); Father of Lies (Jn. 8:44); Prince of This World (Jn. 12:31); Satan (Acts 5:3); God of This World (2 Cor. 4:4); Belial (2 Cor. 6:15); Serpent (2 Cor. 11:3); Spirit of Evil (Eph. 2:2) Tempter (1 Thess. 3:5); Adversary (1 Pet. 5:8); Angel of the Abyss (Rev. 9:11); Apollyon (Rev. 9:11); Abaddon (Rev. 9: 11); Great Red Dragon (Rev. 12:3); The Dragon (Rev. 12:7); Great Dragon (Rev. 12: 9); The Old Serpent (Rev. 12:9); Devil and Satan (Rev. 12:9); Deceiver of the whole world (Rev. 12:9); and the Accuser (Rev. 12:10). These are certainly some frightening sounding names for a foe that as Christians we must fight for a lifetime.

View Printable Version 

Why Must My Loins Be Girded With Truth by David McDonald

Why Must My Loins Be Girded With Truth

David McDonald

God has given us the weapons or tools to fight the devil.  If we are to be successful in overcoming the devil and his great forces, we must use the tools God has given us.  Paul calls these tools the whole armor of God (Eph 6:13-18).  Each piece of this weaponry is vital to being able to successfully combat the devil. God makes each part available to everyone.  God does not desire anyone to perish eternally.  His will is for all men everywhere to come to repentance and obey His will (2 Pet. 3:9). 

View Printable Version 

Which Will It Be, Used or Loved by Mike King

Which Will It Be, Used or Loved

Mike King

The thought has been expressed that anger and love have no limits. Choosing to live a beautiful and lovely life, tenderness can more likely occur. Our world is notorious for reversing the order of situations and relationships to foil God’s attempts to make us happy and fulfilled in this life.  It is not uncommon for God to propose good things and a positive way of life for man, but man seeks to dispose of that which He does for us.  It was intended by God for things to be used and people to be loved.  Today people are being used and things are loved.

View Printable Version 

Wearing Your Breastplate Right by David McDonald

Wearing Your Breastplate Right

David McDonald

Christians, in addition to having their loins girded with truth, must also put on the “breastplate of righteousness” (Ephesians 6:14).  The breast or chest area is the part of the body where all of the vital organs are located.  Injury to this area must be stopped at all costs because an injury here can very quickly lead to death.